Sunday, June 11, 2017






     This scene represents my disliking toward medication. This past week I came down with the flu and as the days went on, I got worse. I was prescribed some pills to help deal with the symptoms and although the medication lessened these symptoms, the side effects started to arise and felt even worse than I did before. I never been a fan of medication and this experience reminded me why I wasn't one in the first place. 
     I think death is something no one should be thinking about, especially college students. At this age, we are just beginning our careers or attempting to start. In general, life has so much to offer and we are just starting to explore it. Although we shouldn't be afraid of death itself, I don't think its something we should be thinking about. I feel people should be focusing their energy onto other things, such as: family, work, friends, hobbies, etc. I think having a course about death would be inappropriate, instead colleges should have a course on how to achieve happiness. 
     The main idea behind my scene is that the medication the doctors prescribe today is doing more damage than it is healing. A lot of the medication being prescribed has so many side effects that they patients have to be prescribed even more medicine to suppress the side effects of the first medication. From personal experience, medication changes the personality of people and makes them feel uncomfortable and not themselves. In the year 2015, over 20,000 people overdosed on prescribed medicine. Furthermore, I feel that I did succeed in trying to get the message out through my landscape. At first I was struggling to come up with an idea, then my second issue was once I had my idea, how was I going to send out my message.
     If I did this project again, I would probably borrow my friends camera. He has a high end camera and the pictures would've came out a lot better. Especially because he shoots for a living so the angles would've been a lot better and clearer as well. 

1 comment: